2. The information we collect
We will collect personal information about you when you register with us through the use of electronic registration forms. You are able to request a copy of the personal information we collect and hold about you at any time by visiting ContactUs and entering "Personal Data Request + your name" on the subject line .
In addition to your personal information, when you use our website, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the name of your Internet service provider and pages visited on the site.
My-EcoEnergy.com gets this information by using technologies, including cookies to increase the functionality and user-friendliness of our website and to better tailor our website to your needs. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on our website or which pages get the most attention. Information such as this will only be used in aggregate form and does not identify you personally.
3. How your information is used
We collect information on our users for a variety of purposes:
- To help us improve and provide a personalised service to you.
- To conduct market research.
- To reply to your enquiries more efficiently through the services we provide.
- To run competitions.
- So that we can send you news items which are relevant to your interests.
- So that we can inform you of new offers, products and services that may be of interest to you.
We also use information in aggregate form (i.e. your individual details cannot be identified) for the following purposes:
- To build up marketing profiles
- To aid strategic development
- To manage our relationship with advertisers and
- To audit usage of the site
4. How we share information with third parties
We may disclose information obtained from you to third parties if you have ‘opted in’ to receive offers from carefully selected companies or where we need to perform services requested by you. Examples include administering competitions, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, developing/maintaining our website and processing credit or debit card payments. We will transfer your personal information on the understanding that they keep it confidential.
We reserve the right to release personal information without your consent or without consulting you, when we believe that this is appropriate to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect the security of this website or to prevent fraud.
From time to time we may share anonymous information about visitors to this site to potential advertisers, business partners and sponsors such as the number of users we have, their average age, location, etc. This information will be shared in a way that ensures your identity is not revealed.
We may also disclose or access your account if required to do so by law or any other governmental body.